The mission of the Family Association is to support the school through community building and fundraising. The Family Association works to organize, both, spiritual and social events that will foster a greater sense of unity within our Kennedy Catholic community. It is our goal to raise funds that will enrich the lives of all of our students. We continue to support the Kennedy Catholic Advancement Office, as well as, create our own independent endeavors that will directly benefit students and faculty. We will look to create opportunities to educate our membership on the most current topics of interest.
The Family Association meetings are held the first Tuesday of each school month in the School Library at 7:00pm.
Events the Family Association Assists With
- Freshman Communion Breakfast
- Open Houses
- Golf Outing
- Coffee Meet and Greet at TACHS
- Homecoming Events
- Annual Auction
- Junior Ring Night
- National Honor Society Induction
- Spring K-Fest
- Ladies Night Out
- Academic Awards Night
Get involved as much or as little as you like because together we can do more!
Committees and Coordinators 2016-2017
Stop and Shop A+ School Rewards
Shop at Stop and Shop and earn money for the school!
Each year Stop and Shop offers a program for schools called “A+ School Rewards” where you can earn money for our school just by using your Stop and Shop card at checkout. All you have to do is register for the program on the Stop and Shop web site with your Stop and Shop card. It’s easy! Just follow these instructions:
– Go to the Stop and Shop web site
– Click on “Register your Card” in the red box on the right hand side
– Enter the first 3 letters of your last name, as well as the 13 digit number found on the back of your S&S card
– Click the “look up” button
– Enter our city and state: “Somers, NY”
– Click the “look up” button
– Next click the circle next to our school name – John F. Kennedy Catholic High School
– Click “submit school and continue”
– If you have another school you want to add, go through the process again (you can have 2 schools active at once)
– When finished, click the confirmation button
DeCicco’s Family Market - Brewster
DeCiccio’s in Brewster will donate 1% of your pre-tax order to Kennedy Catholic. Simply place your receipt in the box labeled Kennedy Catholic HS located near the exit. Should you need a copy of the receipt; the checkout person can print a duplicate for you. Another option is to send the receipts into the school office to the attention of the DeCiccos Reward Program, c/o the Family Association for submission.
DeCiccio’s Family Market - Jefferson Valley
Just mention Kennedy Catholic to the cashier before starting your checkout at DeCicco’s Family Market in Jefferson Valley and the school will receive a percentage of your spend.
Donations for the Murphy ’78 Family
One of our beloved Kennedy Catholic alumni, Anne Marie McGowan Murphy ’78, was a victim of the Sandy Hook shootings in Newtown, Conn. She leaves behind four children. Click Family Association Collecting for Murphy ’78 Family for more information.
Helpful Resources for Parents
College Planning Help for Parents
Additional Parent Resources
Family Association Newsletter Archive