The Kennedy Catholic yearbook publication has a long legacy dating back to its founding as St. Mary’s High School. Titled Dulces Memoriae, the St. Mary’s publication consisted of 31 volumes before the founding of John F. Kennedy Catholic High School in 1967. The publication’s name then changed to Profiles and just released its 57th volume in the 2021-2023 yearbook. The school keeps a collection of all yearbooks from both publications, the earliest edition on file is 1939.
A long way from the cut and pasting of as recently as a decade ago, the yearbook is now generated using an online software called eDesign through its publisher, Herff Jones. Student staffers now have access to cutting edge technology that allows them to create yearbook pages of images, text, and graphics in a user-friendly interface. Staffers become familiar with photography and design fundamentals, copywriting and proofreading experience, and generally get a glimpse at the publishing process.
The Yearbook Moderator is a member of our faculty who is not only responsible for the creation of the book itself, but the organization and scheduling of photography for the school. This includes student portraits, senior portraits, faculty portraits, and special event photography. The Athletic Director works closely with the Yearbook Moderator to schedule athletic photos – both team and action.
FIND PHOTOGRAPHY & YEARBOOK INFORMATION & DEADLINES FOR THE CLASS OF 2024 HERE.
- All underclassmen (9th, 10th, 11th graders) are automatically signed up for photos during orientation in the fall. Toward the end of the academic year, 11th graders are tasked with signing up for senior portraits either in the spring of their junior year or in the fall of their senior year. Parents and students are notified via email how and when to do this.
- Our photography company is Upstate Images and they are supplied with all parent emails. They will contact you directly about purchasing a photo packet of your student.
- Every KCPS student receives a yearbook – no need to order one!
- Yes! Yearbook is a great opportunity to develop and strengthen organization, editing, creative, and publishing skills. Students receive a club sign up list at the beginning of the year, but are always welcome to reach out to the moderator or just come to a meeting. It is never too late to join.
- We do have some extra copies on file. Please contact the Advancement Office at [email protected] with your graduation year and we will be happy to assist you.